Don’t know what to do with boneless pork chops you have in the fridge? Make this 20-minute pork chops in saffron and Mascarpone sauce. They’re too good to miss.
Boneless Pork Chops in Creamy Saffron & Mascarpone Sauce
Don't know what to do with boneless pork chops? Make this 20-minute pork chops in saffron and Mascarpone sauce. They're too good to miss.Print Pin Rate / Comment
- 12 oz boneless pork chops
- 1 shallot chopped
- 2 tbsp Mascarpone cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ packet saffron powder
- ½ cup vegetable/ meat stock
- 1 oz lean smoked pancetta or speck diced
- Handful fresh parsley
- Salt pepper to taste
- In a large skillet pan melt butter, add chopped shallot and diced pancetta or speck.
Let cook for about a minute. Add pork chops. Cover skillet with a lid and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat vegetable or meat stock or prepare stock from the bullion. Notice that you’ll need bouillon only for ½ cup of water, so adjust accordingly. Once stock is boiling, add saffron and Mascarpone cheese. Stir well until dissolved.
- Flip pork slices and cook under a cover for another 3-5 minutes. Remove meat from the pan keeping the sauce in the pan. Add to it stock with saffron and Mascarpone and bring it to boil.
- Transfer the sauce in a food processor and pulse it until smooth creamy texture. You can also do this using a blender.
- Put pork chops back into the pan and over them with saffron Mascarpone sauce.
- Let simmer for another 2 minutes until sauce is lightly reduced and creamy.Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle generously with fresh parsley.
- Serve hot with a salad, potatoes or rice.
Note 1: If you used stock that had already salt in it you might not need to add any extra salt. Note 2: If you use saffron threads instead of powder, steep them first in 2 tbsp of water, drain and add to stock together with Mascarpone.
Liked this recipe?Follow @italianrecipeb for more!
8 Delicious Recipes with Saffron to Make Your Mouth Water - OnNewsLive
Thursday 9th of September 2021
[…] Creamy Pork Chops With Saffron Mascarpone Sauce: Because of their fast cooking time and substantial taste, boneless pork chops are a go-to weekday alternative. The dish is elevated with a creamy sauce, which makes it taste more than simply like a fast supper. Recipe is here: Italian Recipe Book […]
Monday 15th of February 2021
Recipe looks great -- but re. Note #2, is it the 2T of water that you add to the stock after it's been used to steep the saffron threads, or do you add the soaked threads of saffron to the stock?
Friday 4th of February 2022
@Mrs. Meyers, I have this same question!
Friday 17th of September 2021
Monday 23rd of November 2020
So you are mixing the pancetta in the blender, correct? Just want to be sure! :-)
Italian Recipe Book
Monday 23rd of November 2020
Hi Katharine, that's right. Once the sauce is cooked you simply process it in the blender all together. Let me know how it goes :)
Boneless Pork Chops in Creamy Saffron & Mascarpone Sauce – Saffron
Wednesday 29th of April 2020
[…] Cook Time20 mins Course: Main Course Cuisine: Italian Servings: 2 […]
Sườn heo rút xương sốt kem saffron và mascarpone
Tuesday 11th of February 2020
[…] Nguồn: italianrecipebook.com […]