Don’t know what to do with boneless pork chops you have in the fridge? Make this 20-minute pork chops in saffron and Mascarpone sauce. They’re too good to miss.
Boneless Pork Chops in Creamy Saffron & Mascarpone Sauce
- In a large skillet pan melt butter, add chopped shallot and diced pancetta or speck.
Let cook for about a minute. Add pork chops. Cover skillet with a lid and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat vegetable or meat stock or prepare stock from the bullion. Notice that you’ll need bouillon only for ½ cup of water, so adjust accordingly. Once stock is boiling, add saffron and Mascarpone cheese. Stir well until dissolved.
- Flip pork slices and cook under a cover for another 3-5 minutes. Remove meat from the pan keeping the sauce in the pan. Add to it stock with saffron and Mascarpone and bring it to boil.
- Transfer the sauce in a food processor and pulse it until smooth creamy texture. You can also do this using a blender.
- Put pork chops back into the pan and over them with saffron Mascarpone sauce.
- Let simmer for another 2 minutes until sauce is lightly reduced and creamy.Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle generously with fresh parsley.
- Serve hot with a salad, potatoes or rice.