You’ll be amazed how juicy, tender and flavorful these breaded pork chops turn out.
Stuffed with prosciutto ham and cheese, that melts to perfection while pork chops are baked in the oven.
You can easily through a veggie side right there in the pan, like potato wedges or pumpkin wedges and let all cook together for a delicious one-pan dinner.
I’ve chosen to serve them over a bed of mix veggie ratatouille, and it was a perfect compliment for the meat.
Choosing pork chops for this recipe choose those with a thicker cut, approx ⅔ -1 inch thick.
They’ll be easier to stuff and will turn out juicier when cooked.
You can stuff these pork chops with cooked ham (prosciutto cotto) or experiment and use prosciutto crudo instead.
Provolone cheese, Swiss cheese or Emental will be the perfect pairing, but again, you can experiment with Mozzarella or even blue cheese.
Breaded Pork Chops Stuffed with Ham & Cheese
- 2 thick pork chops (approx ⅔ - 1 inch thick)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 2 slices ham (prosciutto cotto(
- 2 slices Provolone or Swiss cheese
- Using a sharp knife made a deep “pocket” cut on each pork chop all the way through to the bone.
- Stuff “pockets” with ham and cheese slices.
- Sprinkle with freshly grated black pepper.
- Dredge each pork chops in flour, then in lightly beaten egg and lastly, in breadcrumbs.
- Tap off excess flour and breadcrumbs on each of the steps.
- Place pork chops on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated to 375F oven for 30-45 minutes.Coking time mainly depends on the thickness of the pork chops on the oven.
Who wants a bite? 🙂Buon Appetito!
Ramona A LaCen
Sunday 28th of February 2021
This was the best with Fettuccine with Broccoli with Garlic and Olive Oil. I added mushrooms, pepper, onion and freshly Parmesan grated cheese to the stuffing. Slamming Good. I was able to save some for tomorrow lunch. My Husband ate his down to the bone. Thank you so much for the recipe.