Moist, fudgy and gooey this chocolate cake paired with vanilla Mascarpone cream is like a beautiful song to a dance.
Seriously, there is not one thing I don’t love about this cake.
Really simple ingredients, rich flavor, beautiful yet SIMPLE decoration all that ready in less than an hour! Consider 50 minutes including time in the oven.
But to be honest, for THIS kind of time I would even spend hours in the kitchen 🙂
Luckily you don’t have to!
As always, a few tips and tricks to make sure your chocolate bundt cake turns nothing short of perfect.
- Preheat the oven before baking the cake (duh – but it’s really important)
- Use pure vanilla powder instead of vanilla extra for Mascarpone filling. Additional liquid might ruin the cream.
- Use quality cocoa powder.
- Perform a toothpick test to make sure the cake is fully baked.
- That’s pretty much it 🙂
Now it’s time to bake!
NOTE: sieve flour AFTER measuring.
Chocolate Bundt Cake With Mascarpone Filling
For cake batter
- 1 ⅔ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder (packed)
- ½ cup water
- 3 eggs
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp baking powder
For Mascarpone filling
- 1 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla powder
- Cocoa powder
- Non-Stick Bundt Pan
- Beat egg with sugar until they become fluffy, light color and double in size.
- Add water and vegetable oil. Stir.
- Add dry ingredients: flour, cocoa, baking powder. Whisk well breaking all the lumps. You should have a smooth, quite runny chocolate batter.
- Drain all the liquid that might come out from Mascarpone package before preparing the filling.
Beat Mascarpone with powdered sugar, egg and vanilla until combined.
Assembling & Baking The Cake
- Grease and flour the pan. Pour in ½ of the cake batter.
- Spread evenly Mascarpone filling in the center all around the bundt. Pour over the remaining dough.
- Bake in a preheated to 350F oven for 35-45 minutes (depending on your oven).
- Do a toothpick test: after about 30 minutes in the oven stick in a toothpick in the cake close to the edge (not to touch a Mascarpone filling). If the toothpick comes out with pieces of cake stuck to it – it still needs time in the oven. Check in back in 10 minutes. When the cake is ready toothpick will come out dry.
If your mouth is watering just looking at this chocolate bundt cake, leave a comment below! 😀
Better yet, get all the ingredients to feel how this chocolate delight melts in your mouth.