Another simple, delicious and quick pasta using olive leaf shaped pasta – foglie d’ulivo.
If you’re not familiar with Foglie d’ulivo yet, you’re seriously missing out.
As the name implies this type of pasta is made in a shape of an olive leaf.
Spinach paste give it beautiful green color and delicate taste.
A few month month ago we made Foglie d’ulivo with salmon and cherry tomatoes and now it’s time to add to it some fall flavors.
Please meet Foglie d’ulivo with rich, fragrant dried porcini, diced tomatoes and a touch of oregano.
There are no special tips or tricks here, it’s really SUPER simple to make.
Only thing it’s probably worth mentioning is – pay attention to pasta cook time. Follow directions on the package and taste it a few minutes before its supposed cook time.
Remember, you want it ‘al dente’ 😉
Foglie d'Ulivo with Dried Porcini & Tomato Sauce
- 12 oz foglie d’ulivo (olive leaf shaped pasta)
- 1 oz dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 1 shallot chopped
- 1 pinch peperoncino flakes
- Dried oregano
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt, pepper to taste
- Start by rinsing and soaking dried porcini in drinking water. Water should be just enough to cover mushrooms. Steep dried porcini until they’re soft and water from steeping has become of amber color. This should take anywhere between 10-30 minutes.
- In a large pan add a splash of extra virgin olive oil. Add garlic cloves crushed with a flat knife so they can better infuse the oil. Let them lightly brown on medium heat.
- Add chopped shallot. Stir for a minute or two.
- Add diced tomatoes and a pinch of peperoncino. Let simmer for a few minutes.
- Finally, cut steeped mushroom in small pieces and add them to the pan.
- Add as well liquid where the mushrooms have been soaked. Let simmer until sauce becomes creamy. Taste for salt.
- Boil pasta according to directions on the package.
- Drain and reserve some cooking liquid. Add dried oregano and pepper to taste.
- Add pasta to the pan with the sauce and toss it until all is well combined.
- Serve immediately.
Have YOU tried foglie d’ulivo yet? 🙂