Creamy buttery artichokes are steamed in pressure cooker in less than 10 minutes. But the best part is of course the sauce!
Delicate, savory and incredibly flavorful all at the same time, this green artichoke dipping sauce is truly legendary.
And yes, you make the sauce while artichokes are cooking 😉
It’s best to use fresh artichokes but you can certainly get away with frozen ones too.
If you’ve never used fresh artichokes before, learn how to trim & clean artichokes with step by step pictures.
Pressure Cooker Artichokes with Dipping Sauce
- 4-6 artichokes
- 1 cup water
Artichoke Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup packed fresh parsley
- 1-2 anchovy fillets
- ½ -1 small garlic clove
- ½ lemon juice
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- 3-4 capers optional
- Salt to taste
- Clean and trim fresh artichokes.
Find how to trim & clean artichokes here.
- Cut each artichoke heart in half and remove the inedible choke. If artichoke are pretty big cut them in quarters.
- Preheat your pressure cooker/instant pot on “Sautee”.
Add water and place a steam rack inside.
- Place artichokes on the steam rack and close the lid.
- Cook artichokes in pressure cooker mode for 5-10 minutes (depending on the size).
- While artichokes are cooking prepare the dipping sauce for artichokes.
- Wash and dry with a paper towel fresh parsley, remove the stems. Cut garlic clove in half and remove the green germ(bitter and unpleasant part in raw garlic).
- In a food processor add all ingredients for the dipping sauce, pulse until creamy and even consistency.
- Once artichokes are cooked, arrange them on a serving plate, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and top with delicious artichoke dipping sauce.
Of course, you can make steamed artichokes without an instant pot and still use this delicious green sauce. But pressure cooking makes it so much faster.