Are you always on the go?
Or maybe tired of the same old veggie sides?
These pressure cooker brussel sprouts is a total saver.
Aside from instant noodle bowl, what else can you make in less than 5 minutes??
Brussel sprouts cook in pressure cooker for 3-4 minutes while maintaining all vitamins and important elements!
Combined with extra virgin olive oil, pine nuts and pomegranate seeds this dish becomes just a powerhouse of nutrients.
And all that, without sacrificing the taste.
Delicate and creamy as you expect steamed brussel sprouts to be, they are paired with a little tanginess of pine nuts and sweetness of pomegranate seeds.
And guess what?
They go PERFECTLY with meat, fish or all on its own.
Pressure Cooker Brussel Sprouts with Pine Nuts & Pomegranate Seeds
- Wash fresh brussel sprouts under cold running water.
- Cut of the tip of the root end and remove a few outer leaves that might have dirt and imperfections. Be careful not to cut too much off of the stem so most of the leaves still hold together.
- If brussel sprouts are big enough, cut each in half. The smaller ones can remain whole.
- Preheat your pressure cooker on “Sautee”.
- Add water and place a steam rack inside.
- Place brussel sprouts on the steam rack and close the lid.
- Cook brussel sprouts in pressure cooker mode for 3-4 minutes (depending on the size).
- Once ready arrange them on the serving plate, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with pine nuts and pomegranate seeds.
If you like to add a bit more spiciness, instead of classic extra virgin olive oil try it with Garlic & Chili Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil.