Eating these eggplant pizzete is like having a pizza, but low fat, low cal, and naturally gluten free!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 12 pizzette
- 2 eggplants , round purple eggplants are the best
- 3 cups tomato puree (passata)
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese , cut in cubes
- 15-20 cherry tomatoes , cut in quarters
- Dried oregano
- Salt to taste
- Fresh basil leaves for garnishing
Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
Wash and cut eggplants into ½ inch (1.25 cm) thick slices. Discard the ends.
Place eggplant slices on a backing sheet lined with a parchment paper.
Spread tomato pure on top of each eggplant, sprinkle with dried oregano.
Bake in a preheated to 400F (200C) oven for 15-20 minutes or until eggplants are almost cooked through.
Top eggplant pizzette with mozzarella cheese and cherry tomatoes.
Bake in the oven for another couple of minutes until cheese is melted.
Top with fresh basil right before serving.