Cold days are here, which means it’s the best time to indulge yourself with a hot bowl of homemade pasta.
With all seasonal fall foods like mushrooms and chestnuts these tagliatelle is luxury in the bowl.
Trust me, with homemade semolina flour pasta (tagliatelle, fettuccine or pappardelle are the best) that texture, that tiny little bite to a hand-rolled pasta cooked “al dente” paired with the sauce is nothing short of heavenly 😊
If you have any roasted meat leftovers (any kind of meat) from the holiday table even better. Cut that meat in stripes, use some meat sauce from the bottom of the pan, then toss in the rest of the ingredients as per recipe and ENJOY!
Seriously, these tagliatelle were soo-soooo good that I’d even forgot about the Parmesan cheese. Which you imagine brings any bowl of pasta one level up.
So Parm or no Parm, you gotta make this yumminess!!
By the way, if you have any Funghi Trifolati – Sauteed Mushrooms Italian Style, you’re already one step ahead 😉
Use them for this recipe!
Tagliatelle with Sauteed Mushrooms, Roasted Meat & Chestnuts
- 15 oz egg tagliatelle
- 4 slices roasted meat , pork, veal or beef
- Rosemary sprig
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 lb button mushrooms , sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed with a flat knife
- Handful of fresh parsley , chopped
- 15-20 boiled chestnuts , peeled
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt , pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese for serving
- If you happen to have any roasted meat leftovers feel free to use those.
- Otherwise use fresh meat.
- Cut meat slices in thin strips.
- In a large skillet pan add some extra virgin olive oil, garlic and rosemary sprig.
- Wait for garlic to become fragrant. Add meat stripes.
- Cook cook for a few minutes until meat is lightly brown on the sides.
- Add butter and mushrooms slices.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Finally add dry white wine.
- Cook until there’s little to none liquid left.
- Top with chopped fresh parsley, peeled chestnuts and give everything the final stir.
- Boil fresh egg pasta according to direction on the package or until ‘al dente’.
- Reserve a cup of cooking liquid.
- Toss pasta in the pan with mushroom and meat sauce.
- Add some cooking liquid if it needs more moisture.
- Top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and serve!
Isn’t that fall dreams in a bowl? 😊
Comment faire bouillir des châtaignes – livre de recettes italiennes – Cuisine-nature
Tuesday 28th of January 2020
[…] Tagliatelles aux champignons, viande rôtie et châtaignes […]
Wednesday 13th of November 2019
thank you for your posting such a nice article
Thursday 8th of August 2019
Thanks for your great Blog. I am very grateful to read your Information.
Tuesday 27th of November 2018
yummm....... That is a beautiful tart and a fantastic sounding recipe. thank......
How To Boil Chestnuts - Italian Recipe Book
Saturday 17th of November 2018
[…] Tagliatelle with Sauteed Mushrooms, Roasted Meat & Chestnuts […]