You can whip up these delicious apple fritters or fritelle di mele in less than 30 minutes, and actually make them two ways!
Delicious apple rings coated with cinnamon or vanilla flavored batter of bite-size soft patties that simply melt in the mouth.
Whichever way you choose (or even make both in the same batch!) these apple fritters are perfect for dessert, snack time.. to say nothing of long lazy weekend breakfast.
With all said, I suggest you make a double portion 😉🍏🍎
Apple Fritters Two Ways
- 4 apples
For the batter
- 1 cup flour hipping cup appox 5 oz
- ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon or vanilla extract optional
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Lemon juice only
- Confectioners sugar
Apple Fritters Batter
- Beat eggs with a pinch of salt. Add flour and baking powder and beat until smooth, lump free batter. Add cinnamon you if like it. Slowly pour in the milk and mix well.
Let the batter rest while you’re preparing apples.
Peel and Core Apples
- Using a vegetable peeler peel the skin and remove core of each apple with quick release apple corer. Once peeled, rub apples with lemon half to prevent from decoloring.
Now you can make apple fritters in two different ways.
1. Apple Rings
- Cut apples into ⅓ -¼ of an inch slices. Place in a bowl and drizzle with more lemon juice.
- In a deep pan preheat vegetable oil for frying to 350F. Measure it with a kitchen thermometer if you can.
- Dip apple rings into the batter letting go excess. Fry for a few minutes on each side until light golden brown. Transfer on a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
2. Apple Patties
- Cut apples in cubes or pulse very quickly in food processor, mix into the batter. If the mixture seems too liquid add more flour passing it through the sieve to prevent lump formation.
- In a deep pan preheat vegetable oil for frying to 350F. You can measure it with a kitchen thermometer or do a test fritter. Drop a smaller ball of batter into the oil, if it starts to sizzle and rise to the top immediately, it’s ready. The oil should not be smoking or burning. If it feels likes it is, lower the heat, wait a few minutes and do another test fritter.
- Using a tablespoon or even better a scoop take apple batter and drop it into Fry for a few minutes on each side until light golden brown.
Discard fried apple patties on a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Place apple fritters on a serving plate and dust with powdered sugar.As an alternative roll each apple fritter in regular sugar.
Did you know apple fritters are awesome even reheated the next day?