Cellentani or also known as cavatappi coated with creamy tomato sauce and topped with crispy bacon is one of those magic pastas that’s ready on the table in less than 15 minutes.
Cellentani With Bacon And Ricotta Tomato Sauce
Cellentani or also known as cavatappi coated with creamy tomato sauce and topped with crispy bacon.Print Pin Rate / Comment
- 12 oz cellentani or cavatappi pasta
- ½ cup tomato passata
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 4 oz bacon/ pancetta diced
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Chili flakes/ peperocncino optional
- Basil or parsley chopped
- Fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Put water for pasta to boil. Once boiling cook pasta until ‘al dente’ (check directions on the package).
- In a skillet pan add a splash of extra virgin olive oil, add diced pancetta.
- Toss in a pan for a few minutes until lightly crispy.
- Add tomato passata, basil leaves and let simmer for another few minutes.
- Take ¼ of a cup of cooking water from pasta, add ricotta cheese and mix well (best if you use a blender by mixing by hand will work too). Add ricotta cream to tomato and bacon sauce.
- Drain pasta and toss it in the pan until pasta is well coated with the sauce.
- Serve hot topped with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.