Easy Fresh Plum Pie is one of those simple things that make me happy.
It takes minutes to make but the result is outstanding.
Crusty and fluffy edges of the puff pastry paired with sweet & light sour notes of the juicy plums inside and nutty flavor of the almonds on the outside is what makes this pie so special.
I like to use yeast free puff pastry for this particular pie but you can use regular one almost with no change to the final result.
Choose plums that are ripe but firm at the same time. Medium to large size.
That’s it. Preheat the oven as you read the recipe 😉
Easy Rustic Plum Pie
- 12 x12 inch puff pastry sheet (9 oz)
- 12 plums
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp almond flakes
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1 egg beaten (for egg wash)
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Filling: wash, pat dry and split plums in half. Remove the pit. Cut each half in half again.
- Add plum quarters to a bowl, sprinkle with sugar and cornstarch. Add cinnamon if you like.
- Mix everything gently.
Let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Roll puff pastry dough on a piece of parchment paper.If you’ve got a rectangular shape pastry cut of the edges, giving it a round shape.
- Spread plum filling evenly in the center, leaving about 2 inch space around the dough edges.
Make sure all plums are placed cut side up.
- Fold the edges into the filling. You should have 5-6 folds.
Brush the edges with egg wash (egg beaten with a bit of water).
- Bake in the preheated to 375F oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
PRO TIP: Serve hot with a scoop of vanilla ice cream 😉
Too good to resist!