Can we talk girls stuff today? Because there is nothing you wouldn’t LOVE about these cookies!
Sweet sponge biscuits, light and super delicate they’re just the perfect treat to spoil yourself, anytime of the day. Yep, anytime. With just about 16 calories per cookie it’s SUPER hard to resist. Luckily, you don’t have to.
In Italian called Pavesini, you’re most likely know them by the name Lady Finger Cookies. All because they resemble a delicate form of a lady finger (and that’s a perfect size reference to keep in mind when you’ll be piping them onto the baking sheet.
Did I mention how easy and quick they are to make?
From start to finish (from the mixing bowl to the cookie box) it all takes JUST 30 minutes.
And all these with the ingredients you’re most likely to have in the pantry right now.
I told you, that’s a serious cookie, you (busy) ladies 😉
Now, enough chit chat, put the aprons on.
Pavesini - Lady Finger Cookies
- Beat eggs with sugar until pale, creamy and super fluffy texture.
- Mix together flour, cornstarch and vanilla powder.
- Fold it into the eggs, a couple of tablespoons at a time. Don’t add more until the previous hasn’t been completely combined. Whisk in slowly and carefully trying not to “deflate” the batter.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Pipe cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Keep cookie shape as of a point finger. Leave enough space between the cookies as they’ll slightly “melt” after they settle on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle lightly with sugar. Bake in the preheated to 350F oven for 12-15 minutes or until lightly brown on the edges.
- Repeat the process with the remaining dough.
Voila! Your homemade ladyfinger cookies are ready to enjoy with your morning coffee or afternoon tea.