Puff pastry sfogliatine is one of the easiest and prettiest sweet treats you can whip up in less than 30 minutes.
These sfogliatine in a form of whirly windmill are super cute and definitely ADDICTIVE.
Both kids and adults just LOVE them.
You also have full control how large or how small you want your “whirly windmills” to be.
Here’s a tip: make large squares to save time, or you can make assorted as well.
Just make sure to bake each size separately as the smaller ones will brown in the oven a bit faster.
You can also make them with different kind of jam, even pastry cream (just make it a bit thicker than classic version).
Puff Pastry Sfogliatine with Your Favorite Fruit Jam
- 2 Puff pastry sheets 2
- ½ cup fruit jam
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 3 tbsp milk
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- It’s best and EASIER to use already pre-rolled ready-to-use puff pastry sheets. But if you happen to use regular one, roll your puff pastry dough into approx ⅛ inch thick sheets.
- Cut each puff pastry sheet in squares. Transfer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Make a diagonal cut ALMOST all the way through to the center from each sharp corner of the square.
- Fold into the center every other side of the cut edges (see photo).
- Put a dollop of your favorite fruit jam in the center of sfogliatine.You can also use a pastry bag or a zip lock bag with cut corner to squeeze perfect dollops onto the pastry.Brush with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake in a preheated to 375F oven for 12-15 minutes (depending on the size of your sfogliatine).
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
So, now the only question is what jam flavor are YOU going to use? 🙂