Light, soft and incredibly delicious these lemon cookies is a perfect fit for any occasion.
Make them for a Christmas cookie tray or pack in a cookie box to gift to your friends and neighbors. Sugar crinkles give that visual charm while lemon flavor makes them irresistible to munch on.
They are also super simple and quick to make, so you can have your own home-BAKED gifts ready in no time and even last-minute!
If you don’t have almond flour, not a problem. Simply pulse peeled almonds in a food processor until ground. It’s totally OK to have a rough grind meal that however still looks like flour.
Of course, don’t forget about yourself! 😉
Make a double batch. They can be stored for weeks in a dry container.
Even though I have to say, they never last THAT long..
How to shape lemon crinkle cookies
TIP: Don’t make the cookies too big, they’ll puff up in the oven.
Soft Lemon Crinkle Cookies
- In a food processor add all dry ingredients: almond flour, all purpose flour, baking powder, sugar and lemon zest. Pulse a few times. Add cold butter cut in cubes.
Pulse until you get a crumbly dough.
- Mix in an egg and finally lemon juice (approx ¼ cup).
- Knead briefly until all ingredients are well combined. Don’t knead for too long as butter will start to melt.
- Cover the dough with a plastic wrap and let rest in the fridge for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Cut of a piece from the dough ball.
- Roll it into a rope approx ½ inch thick. Cut the rope into ½ inch pieces.
- Quickly roll each piece between the palms forming a ball shape and roll it in powdered sugar.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10-12 minutes in a preheated to 375F oven.
- The cookies should mostly remain pale and only brown lightly on the edges.