Asiago cream sauce is super creamy, cheesy yet very delicate cheese sauce that can be used in ton of different ways.
- Serve it with pasta: with tagliatelle, potato gnocchi, gnochetti sardi (malloreddus) or short type like bow tie pasta.
- Serve with meat: grilled or baked chicken breast or make minute steaks with radicchio and Asiago cream sauce.
- Use it as a deep for veggies, crostini or bread sticks.
Oh, and it’s also a perfect sauce for white pizza!
If you don’t have whipping cream you can use heavy cream instead. In this case it’s best to use skim milk or regular milk instead of whole milk. But you can also try your own variations.
Asiago Cream Sauce
- Mix whipping cream and whole milk in a pot, add shredded asiago cheese and let soak for 5-10 minutes.
- Whisk in flour, preferably adding it through a sieve.
- Put the pot over slow heat. Whisk continuously until the sauce thickens without boiling it.
- Add a pinch of bullion cube for extra taste and flavor.
- Taste for salt and pepper, add more if needed.
- The sauce will still have a slightly runny consistency, but it’ll thickens more when chilled.
Now your turn! What’s your favorite way to enjoy a cheese sauce? 🙂