Of course, it’s hard to beat classic and traditional version of Friselle Pugliesi.
Generously drizzled with extra virgin olive oil, juiced with freshly squeezed sweet cherry tomatoes and flavored with dry oregano.
Mmmm, it’s a pure luxury and simplicity.
But of course, when you made a few dozens of delicious and healthy Friselle Pugliesi it’s time to broaden the menu and add a twist to beloved classics.
Smoked, rich in flavor salmon, pairs perfectly with creamy mozzarella and sweet cherry tomatoes.
By the way, you can totally use Sun Dried Tomatoes in this recipe.
They not only add that tangy and sweet flavor but also make it a home run appetizer or snack regardless of the season.
Friselle Pugliesi with Smoked Salmon, Mozzarella & Basil
- 6 friselle pugliesi
- 1 pack smoked salmon
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 1 fresh mozzarella ball
- Handul fresh basil leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Lemon zest optional
- Dunk each frisella in cold water (suitable for drinking) for just a few seconds.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
- Top with mozzarella, salmon, cherry tomatoes cut in half and fresh basil leaves.
- Add a final splash of extra virgin olive oil and if you like add some lemon zest for a tangier aroma and taste.