Imagine slightly ‘al dente’ egg garganelli coated in rich creamy spinach sauce that are ready in the blink of the eye. This spinach pasta is seriously one of the favorite all-season quick meals.
Top it generously with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and it’s heaven on earth!
Of course as with most pasta sauces you can choose your preferred pasta shape or whatever pasta you have on hand BUT at least once, promise that you’ll try this spinach sauce with homemade garganelli.
You’ll have no regrets 😉
Garganelli With Creamy Spinach Sauce
- 12 oz garganelli pasta
- 5-6 packed cups fresh spinach OR 9-10 oz frozen spinach
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 large shallot or small onion finely chopped
- 1 pinch peperoncino/chili flakes optional
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese for serving
- If you’re using fresh spinach bough from the farmers’ market make sure to wash it thoroughly under cold running water and cut off or pinch off the stems.
- Put water for pasta to boil and cook pasta until ‘al dente’ according to directions on the package.
- In a large skillet pan add a splash of olive oil and finely chopped shallot. Toss for a few minutes on medium heat without letting it brown.
- Add spinach and a pinch of peperoncino (chili flakes) if you like. Cover with a lid to create steam. Cook spinach for a few minutes tossing it in the pan from time to time.
- Once spinach is reduced in volume add heavy cream and let the sauce simmer until it gets thicker and creamy.
- Drain pasta once it’s cooked and toss it in the pan together with spinach sauce for 30-60 seconds.
- Serve hot topped with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.