Make your own homemade egg pappardelle even if you’ve never made homemade pasta before.
Simple, easy and utterly delicious!
Pappardelle are perfect to add to your Italian Gift Basket for any occasion.
Or simply decorate the box with pappardelle with a nice ribbon and gift them to your family or friends with no reason at all.
Homemade Egg Pappardelle
- 3 cups (14 oz) flour
- 4 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- More flour for dusting
- Measure and sieve flour and mound it on a work surface (preferably wooden). Scoop the center of the mound.
- In a small bowl light beat the eggs and pour the in the center of the mound.
Add a pinch of salt and extra virgin olive oil
- First with a fork then with you hands start to pull in flour to combine ingredients.
- Knead dough for a 5-10 minutes until smooth and no longer sticky.
If needed dust with more flour or, if the dough is too hard add a tablespoon of water.
- Shape into a ball and cover with a plastic wrap. Let rest for 15-30 minutes on the counter top to let the dough develop elasticity.
- Visually divide dough ball into 8-10 pieces. Cut off one piece with the dough scraper and cover the rest of the dough with a plastic wrap.
- With your fingers lightly flatten the dough and sprinkle it with flour.
Set machine on the widest setting (0) and pass the dough for the first time.Fold the dough in half and pass again on the same setting.
- Run each piece through machine, adjusting to next-narrower setting, until you rich thickness of approx 1.2 mm or position 6 on Marcato Atlas Pasta Machine . Return machine to original setting for each piece.
- Arrange ready sheets of pasta on a lightly floured work surface and let dry for about 10 minutes. Cut each sheet into strips about 1-2 inch thick, depending on your preference. You can use a cutter wheel with straight or ruffled edges.
- Repeat the process with remaining dough.
- Let pappardelle strips stand until slightly dry to touch for 20 to 30 minutes.
- At this point they’re ready to use right away or you can let them dry on a pasta drying rack overnight.
- Package in a paper box to store in the pantry.
Looking for an authentic recipe with pappardelle pasta?
Try these Pappardelle Bolognese with rich meat ragu sauce <- mouthwatering!! 😛