Thin capellini pasta with garlic toasted breadcrumbs, bottarga roe and super fragrant lemon zest – is all you can desire of a mouth watering pasta ready in mere 10 minutes.
As you know capellini pasta or angel hair cook in a blink of an eye or while you’re prepping the table. Light but super flavorful sauce is enriched with grated bottarga (grey mullet or tuna fish roe). Toasted breadcrumbs add texture and aroma, while lemon zest balances all these incredible flavors together.
Never heard of bottarga before? Short to speak it’s salt-cured fish roe. But honestly, it’s so much more than that! Once you try it’ll become your new obsession.
Discover What Is Bottarga & How To Use It and more recipes with this Sardinian delicacy.
If you’re like me, not much into dish-washing lately, skip two pans and simple wipe the pan with a paper towel once you brown the breadcrumbs.
Lemon Capellini with Bottarga Sauce
- 12 oz capellini pasta
- 3 tbsp grated grey mullet or tuna bottarga
- 3 large garlic cloves
- ⅓ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 organic lemon zest only
- Pinch of chili flakes peperoncino
- Handful fresh parsley chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- In a large skillet pan add a generous splash of extra virgin olive oil and garlic cloves crushed with a flat knife. Once the pan is heated and garlic becomes fragrant add bread crumbs.
- Toss them in the pan for a few minutes until lightly brown and well infused with garlic aroma.
- Discard garlic cloves.
- In a separate pan add a splash of extra virgin olive oil, chili flakes and chopped parsley. Let simmer on medium heat for a minutes or two, add half of all bottarga and toss for another minute.
- Cook pasta according to the directions on the package. For capellini it’s usually between 3-5 minutes.
- Drain pasta and reserve some cooking liquid.
- Add pasta to a skillet pan with a sauce, top with lightly browned breadcrumbs. Toss quickly, add some cooking liquid and more of extra virgin olive oil if pasta feels too dry.
- Add remaining bottarga and lemon zest.
- Serve capellini immediately topped with more bottarga, lemon zest and fresh parsley.
This is what this super simple and super yummy lemon capellini are all about!