Quick and easy pesto made from dry-packed or oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes.
Not only you can whip it up on less than 5 minutes (from start to finish, including doing the dishes!) but also use it in a ton of different ways:
- As a pasta sauce with rigatoni, tortiglioni, penne or other types of short pasta.
- For simple crostini, panini and sandwiches.
- Add to frittata to brighten up the flavors.
And you get to decide how thin of thick you want your pesto to be (see the recipe for details).
Be careful with salt as sun-dried tomatoes tend already to have enough salt in them, so taste pesto for salt before adding extra.
Sun-Dried Tomato PestoPrint Pin Rate / Comment
- Place all ingredients in a food processor.
- Process until you get a nice paste of desired consistency.
- Add more extra virgin olive oil if you like smother easily spreadable pesto.Add less extra virgin olive oil if you like it slightly crumbly.The quantity of extra virgin olive oil also depends on the sun dried tomatoes you got: dry-packed or oil-packed. Obviously you’ll need less oil when using oil-packed ones.