Cavatelli with broccoli is one of those magic pasta dishes that is hard to beat, both in flavor and in preparation time.
Hearty broccoli cooks together with pasta. In the meantime infuse oil with garlic and chili flakes and give everything a final toss in the pan, and…
Fragrant, bright and utterly delicious pasta is ready to serve in less than 15 minutes.
Another bright variation would be to add some fresh Italian sausage. Roast it lightly in a skillet pan while pasta and broccoli cooks, then mix everything together as the recipe goes.
15 Minute Cavatelli and Broccoli
- 12 oz cavatelli pasta
- 20 oz broccoli
- 3 garlic cloves
- Peperoncino chili flakes
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt ,pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese for serving
- Bring water to boil. Add salt.
- Wash and divide broccoli into florets.
- Once water is boiling add broccoli and cavatelli pasta.
- If using fresh cavatelli, wait 3-4 minutes before adding them to broccoli and fresh pasta cooks really fast.
- In the meantime, in a large skillet pan add a generous drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, a pinch or two of chili flakes and garlic cloves peeled and crushed with a flat knife.
Let simmer on low heat.
- When pasta and broccoli are cooked, drain the water, reserving some for the sauce.
- Add cavatelli and broccoli to the skillet pan and toss for about 2 minutes, letting all the flavors combine. If possible discard garlic cloves.
- If pasta feels too dry add some cooking liquid or another splash of extra virgin olive oil.
- Serve hot, topped with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.