Creamy, decadent, warming and utterly delicious this ditalini soup is your next favorite this winter.
Chicken broth gives it an incredible rich flavor but you can certainly make it using just water. Bacon will do its job anyway.
Ditalini Soup with Chickpeas & Bacon Bits
Creamy, decadent, warming and utterly delicious this ditalini soup is your next favorite this winter.Print Pin Rate / Comment
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time55 mins
- Is you’re using dry chickpeas make sure to put them to soak overnight in plenty of water.
- Put a dutch oven or non-stick stockpot on medium heat. Add a splash of extra virgin olive oil and finely chopped onion, carrot, celery.
- Stir for a minute or two, then add bacon cubes, aromatic herbs and. garlic cloves crushed with a flat knife (add chopped garlic if you prefer a stronger flavor).
- Once garlic becomes fragrant and all the veggies lightly brown add chickpeas and chicken broth.
- Reduce the heat and let the soup simmer on low heat for about 40 minutes.
- Remove herbs and garlic clove if you used whole one. Deep a hand blender and pulse shortly until you get a creamy texture but still with bits of veggies and whole chickpeas.
- Add ditalini pasta and cook for another 6-8 minutes.
- Serve hot with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and more bacon bits.
Liked this recipe?Follow @italianrecipeb for more!